1. Click here for the main Wave Help Centre
2. Deleting Data from Wave: Please read Wave's message:
A small but important FYI regarding deleting things in Wave:
If you delete data in Wave, you won’t be able to recover it. Because you own your financial information, if you delete it, you’re telling us you don’t want us to store it anymore. So we won’t! Anything you delete (invoices, bills, manually created or imported transactions, journal entries, and pretty much anything else you can add) is gone forever once it’s deleted. This includes your entire Wave account, should you choose to close it; you can read more about that here.
If you do delete something you realize you need back, you’ll need to enter it or create it again. You can reference information from outside Wave to help with this, like bank statements, bills, or receipts. We don’t store any of your old data or older versions of your account, so make sure you definitely want to delete something before you hit that button!
3. To invite us to view your records please complete the following steps;
2. Click Settings at the bottom of the lefthand navigation menu.
4. Three ways to upload your receipts:
Receipts by Wave supports 3 ways to upload your receipts into your accounting: web app, mobile and email.
From your Wave web app/pc desktop account, you can select the Receipts tab on the left-hand side. Then, start uploading all of the images of your receipts to create transactions. See more information on Uploading Receipts in Wave.
For the Receipts by Wave mobile app you can log into your Wave account using either the Android or iOS app. Right from your phone you can scan images and start verifying your receipts, for help using the app click here.
Finally, you can email a receipt right into Wave if you have a Wave account. This will automatically create a transaction with that receipt attached. Check out the guidelines on Emailing a receipt to your Wave account.
More Information on receipts and bills can be found here
5. Wave makes creating and sending invoices easy, please use the following steps to get started
There are two ways to add a Customer in Wave, via your settings or while creating an invoice. If you have a lot of customers to add to Wave, you can use Wave's Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect, to easily import your customer list from a spreadsheet.
7. Is my data safe?
- Encryption - Communication between you, Wave and your bank or credit card company is protected by up to 256-bit SSL encryption. This is the same level of encryption used by the best online banking and shopping applications.
- Password and account protection - Wave employs a world leader in online banking to manage bank account and password data. This company is trusted by some of the world’s biggest banks, including Bank of America, Citibank, Wachovia and many more.
- Read-only security - The connection Wave makes with your financial institutions is read-only. In other words, nobody can use Wave to access money in your account.
For extra security, your account number and passwords are stored separately from your other accounting information. Wave does not store or view any bank account or password information.
8. What is Free?
There is no trial or limited time for any of Wave's free apps and features:
- Accounting - All of accounting (transactions, reports, adding sales taxes, etc.)
- Invoicing - Creating, sending, and editing. You can create as many invoices, customers, vendors, and products as you need! This also includes recurring invoices, reminders, payment receipts, and estimates. Invoicing is also a free app for iOS and Android.
- Receipts - Scan your receipt images and create expense transactions with these images. Also for Android and iOS!
What is Paid?
Payments - The ability to accept credit card payments for your invoices helps you get paid fast. There are lots of companies (banks, credit card brands, etc.) that take a portion of the fee, we charge for credit card payments – but part of that does come back to Wave so we can keep building great tools for your business. For more on pricing and accepting credit cards, check out Payments by Wave.
9. Is the software actually free?
Yes, the software is 100% free, no trials, no limitations, and no hidden fees. Use it as much as you want, for as long as you want, and Wave won’t charge a penny. The free software includes invoicing, accounting, and receipt scanning.
If you opt to receive Credit Card payments for invoices charges do apply, more information can be found on the pricing page
10. The Payroll by Wave option is only available to U.S. and Canadian businesses.
11. The 'Bank feed' option/feature will be discontinued from 14th September 2019 and Wave will automatically sever any connections that are in place with any impacted financial institutions. We, therefore, advise not to link your bank account to Wave.